Specially curated script suited to the Legal industry, as it creates a 6-minute Task from the selected Email.
Will work for anyone who tracks time in 6-minute increments (1/10 of an hour) and wants to log an Email as a 6-minute Task!
your purchase includes:
- the workflow script
- instructions on installing the script, including approving it to run on your computer (via System Preferences>Security & Privacy); please see 4th screenshot above
- usage instructions
how it works:
Please see the video and screenshots above and descriptions below for how this easy script works.
Steps 1 & 2 in Daylite Mail Assistant will link the Email message to an Opportunity and/or Project in Daylite. You're probably already doing Steps 1 & 2...and if you're not you should be! Linking emails via the Daylite Mail Assistant is a powerful feature of Daylite that builds history and context into your database. If you've already got Steps 1 & 2 as part of your normal workflow, then this script is basically creating a filled-out and linked 6-minute Task in just 2 clicks! (Steps 3 & 4 below)
Steps 3 & 4 will create the 6-minute Task in Daylite, with these pre-filled in fields:
- Task's Title will be set to the Email's Subject
- Task's Category will be set to: Task for Email (first you'll need to define this Category in your Daylite>Preferences>Categories>Tasks>click + at bottom left>name the Category: Task for Email)
- Task's Start Date and Due Date will be set to the Email's Date
- Task's Duration will be set to 6 minutes starting from the Email's date/time
- Task will be linked to the Email you've currently got highlighted in Daylite
- Task will also be linked to the last Opportunity and the last Project that the Email is already linked to
All other Task fields will be set per your:
- Daylite>Preferences>Default Values>Tasks
- Daylite>Preferences>Notifications>Tasks>Default Reminders
ADDITIONAL SPECS FOR THIS PRODUCT:
- what this workflow script does is create a new Task in Daylite in a way that's faster and more efficient than manually going into Daylite, clicking New Task, manually filling out multiple fields, clicking Add Link to link the other Daylite objects, etc. Blue Rock's workflow scripts do not delete Daylite objects. Blue Rock's workflow scripts do not modify anything outside of Daylite; they don't touch the Mac's operating system in any way.
- workflow scripts are for Daylite on the Mac only; not for Daylite on iOS devices
- not for resale: buyer may only install their purchased Product on their own computer and on computers within their own company
- not for resale: Product is sold exclusively by Blue Rock. buyer is prohibited from reselling any Product or posting any Product for public use or distribution to other individuals and companies
- payment is through PayPal; please click the add to cart button to add this Product to your order
- completing the purchase indicates agreement with Product Delivery & Terms of Purchase
Daylite Workflow Script: create 6-minute Task from Email - DL100
Upon receipt of funds, a link to download the Product will be emailed to the email address you provided at the PayPal site.
Please make sure that you provide an accurate, working email address when you complete your purchase. Please check both your Inbox and your Junk box.
TERMS OF PURCHASE:
Completing a purchase indicates agreement with the Blue Rock's terms: